Sunday, January 31, 2010

Monkey Business


"Too Much Monkey Business"

Does anyone remember Chuck Berry? Do you recall the song Too Much Monkey Business? I am listening to it right now on my record player. Am I possibly the only one left on this planet who still owns a record player? Possibly. Will the next generation even know what that is? Of course not, record players are practically obsolete.

The reason I bring up the song is because the song has the same tone of every day I spend at the Preschool; Continually fast paced with something dramatic always going on. Ironically, recently I had a three year old who had been responding to any request I would make by saying “Okay Little Monkey.”  
How cute is that. I laugh every time of course. I am not the only monkey at my school, in fact I am surrounded by little monkeys.

Here’s how I would alter the lyrics to Chuck Berry’s song “Monkey Business,” to fit my daily routine as a teacher of little monkeys…First part is the original lyrics and they apply, so no need to change them-

  Too much monkey business, for me to be involved in
  Same thing every day, getting up, going to school
  No need for me to complain, my objections over ruled.

“ Workin’ the preschool class - too many kids
  Wipe their noses, watch their manners
  See them fall, get hurt… run too fast.
  Too much monkey business
  Too much monkey business
  Too much monkey business
 That’s what I choose to be involved in.”

Aside from the past week being as crazy as the last, having moments of exhilarating highs, emotional tantrums, explosions and dramatic expressions that could supersede an Oscar, I must say it is entertaining, to say the least. If you are someone who bores easily or disparately need drama in your life to feel alive, become a preschool teacher, you will not be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment